Techie By Day | Travel Crazy | Incurable Foodie | Book Worm | Movie Fanatic | Blogger Today | Author Someday

Football Fever

+ 7 comments
Football fever is reaching towards its peak......I am talking about FIFA World cup 2010. I've never been a great football fan.But I do like football. And I love the world cup.I am watching almost every match in this world cup. As asia Cup is started now and the Indian team is back with a full strength squad. I am bewildered with it what shall i do now,watch Cricket matches or football.
Yesterday match between Brazil and North Korea was thrilling. My one of favorite team Brazil finally crushed North Korea by 2:1.



Their are so many players who played well but i like watching  Lionel Messi. He is my favorite football player. I first watched him playing for Barcelona team. Watching football matches at home is not of so fun because no one at home give me a company.All my family members are die hard cricket fan and they have no interest in Football. On this occasion I really miss my hostel life. At hostel we watched football matches even at one o clock in the morning. We enjoyed a lot.But that not possible now.

For this whole month, the world except the countries playing in the world cup will forget patriotism and embrace humanism. For one month, we are Argentinians and Spaniards; Brazilians and Portugese. For these few days, we speak one language - the language of football.Argentina is my favorite team in this world cup.Wating for their next match.

I wish one day Indian football team will play FIFA world cup and we will cheers Indian team instead of some other team. I know its not look possible in near future. It's may take 50more years or more than that.But we can at least hope.
:)



7 comments

free-blog-submit-linkexchange
Wednesday, June 16, 2010

nice post

Vinayak
Wednesday, June 16, 2010

well,we have to wait a lot to see the indian football team playing in the world cup...i have chosen asia cup as I love cricket more than football

Vij@ソ
Wednesday, June 16, 2010

@Vinayak I know that it's not posssible in near furture...It just came randomly in my mind...

Sreekanth
Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm for netherland.. whom re u for???

Vij@ソ
Thursday, June 17, 2010

@Sreekanth hey I have mentioned in the post I am supporting argentina

ravi
Thursday, June 17, 2010

my favorite is brazil...

Dan*
Saturday, June 19, 2010

not a big football fan.... iam supporting England cuz they have many players with huge reputation...